Membership in our Montgomery Monarchs Chapter
We are always looking for new members to join our Chapter. Our Membership drive begins in the fall of the sixth grade year for the prospective ticktocker (daughter) and patroness (mother). A prospective patroness (new member) must have one sponsor, or two co-sponsors who are current members of NCL, Inc, Montgomery Monarchs Chapter. The sponsor will let the Chapter know about your interest in membership.
The prospective patroness will attend a new member meeting, where requirements and expectations are discussed as well as specific information about our Chapter and the next steps in the Membership process. After the meeting, the prospective patroness will discuss with her sponsor and co-sponsor whether or not she would like to proceed with membership.
A formal application will need to be completed by the sponsor, co-sponsor and prospective patroness. Once all applications are complete, a selection process will take place. We would like to accept all applicants; unfortunately, membership is limited, and not all who apply are guaranteed a place in the chapter. For more information on membership in the Montgomery Monarchs Chapter, please contact the Membership Vice President at firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a Membership Inquiry Form here.
Characteristics of a Good NCL Member
- She will make membership in NCL, Inc. a priority for herself and her daughter(s).
- She is a “team player” and will accept the decision of the majority.
- She is able and willing to be a role model for all members.
- She is willing and able to actively participate in the operation and/or administration of her Chapter by holding leadership positions each year, as Chapter needs dictate. Each year the Provisional will hold a job and have committee responsibilities.
- She understands the importance of all three pillars of NCL, Inc.—philanthropic, leadership and cultural.
- She understands and is willing to commit the time to fulfill the specific attendance, job/committee, philanthropic, league and committee obligations of her NCL, Inc. Chapter.
- She understands the importance of a positive attitude, professional communication and constructive problem solving in all NCL, Inc. matters.
- She is focused on the philosophical ideals of NCL, Inc., rather than any associated prestige or status.
- She fully understands and is willing to meet the financial obligations associated with NCL, Inc. Membership.
- She will make an extra effort to become acquainted with all Chapter members.
- She understands that by virtue of being a member of a local Chapter, she is affiliated with a National federated system, which requires adherence to National standards and policies at all times and mandates belief in the core values of National Charity League, Inc.